- [ Hacking 101 ] :: [ Outline ]
- [ Hacking 101 ] :: [ Introduction ]
- [ Hacking 101 ] :: [ The Basic Skills of Hacking ]
- [ Hacking 101 ] :: [ What We Mean By Hacking]
- [ Hacking 101 ] :: [ Do You Need A Handle? ]
- [ Hacking 101 ] :: [ HTML ]
- [ Hacking 101 ] :: Mac Spoofing
- [ Hacking 101 ] :: Web Proxies
1. Hide Your Butt
A. Hide Your MAC Address
i. Where to use this:
Spoof (hide) your MAC address when you’re already inside a local area network (LAN). Many of your activities will be noisy, and will get logged, so you need to prevent tracing back to your computer.
This is a common requirement when you’re doing a security audit, and place a small security-testing device (like a Raspberry Pi running Kali) inside the client’s network.
ii. Where this won’t work:
Spoofing your MAC is useless outside of a LAN. If you’re going to be working outside your LAN, you’ll need to spoof your IP address instead, for similar reasons.