- Private: How to Join the Infosec Community
- [ Hacker Night School ] :: Excellent, well-written hacking lessons: HackingTutorials.org
- Finding and Using Browser-saved Passwords: Another video from Starry Sky
- Private: Hacking for a digital marketer
- [ Hacker Night School ] :: [ Hiding Your Ass ] :: [ Using a VPN ]
- [ Hacker Night School ] :: [ Hiding Your Ass ] :: [ Using a Proxy Server ]
- [ Hacker Night School ] Being Anonymous: VPNs
- [ Hacker Night School ] :: TOR Browser Search Engines
- [ Bug Bounty ] :: Hack Facebook for Fun and Profit!
- [ Hacker Night School ] :: Learn Python in 43 Minutes (if you’re a really fast learner)
- [ Hacker Night School ] :: Hacking Practice: the Command Injection ISO
- [ Hacker Night School ] :: Got a foothold on a Windows target? Now enable Remote Desktop.
- [ Hacker Night School ] :: [ Using Git ]
- [ Hacker Night School ] :: Tsuki CTF Pwns Access on HackTheBox
- [ Hacker Night School ] :: Exploiting sudo: Altering your PATH
- [ Hacker Night School ] :: WEP Cracking Basics in Kali
- [ Hacker Night School ] :: CSRF
Wifi Cracking: Start With the Basics: WEP
WEP is so old and weak you’ll hardly ever find it in use, though there are always the few who haven’t paid attention. WEP cracking is a great way to get familiar with the aircrack-ng suite (https://www.aircrack-ng.org/), its commands and processes.
Where to Learn
Start with the horse’s mouth:
Here’s a nice command-by-command example:
And a video that accompanies it (circa 2013):
Null-Byte has a newer (2017) article with excellent examples:
Where to Test Your Wifi Hacking Skills
Find a Wireless Access Point (WAP), preferably the oldest you can find.
- Set up your WAP using WEP encryption. Don’t go crazy turning on the firewall or anything else; just concentrate on this one skill.
- Crack into that sucker, all from the command line, using the examples above.
- Kali is constantly changing. Does your version have a GUI tool for WEP cracking? Find it and try it.